- Foreign language education
- Second Language Acquisition
- Computer- and Mobile-Assisted Language Learning
- Phonetics and phonology of French
- L2 critical thinking
- Integration of pronunciation in the proficiency-based FL K-16 classroom
- Impact of technology on study abroad experience
- Mixed methods for research in SLATE
- Process-oriented research in SLATE
- Complex Dynamic System Theory for research in SLATE
21st-century curriculum for the FL classroom, Teaching and Learning L2 culture, Integration of Pronunciation and Proficiency in the L2 classroom
Acquisition of L2 critical thinking, L2 negotiation of meaning
Computer-Assisted and -Mediated Language Teaching and Learning, Virtual Language Learning Environments, Critical Digital L2 Literacy
Mixed-methods and process-oriented research for SLATE
- M.A. Rhetorics of Arts - Université de Pau et des Pays de l'Adour (France)
- M.A. Foreign Language and ESL Education - The University of Iowa
- Ph.D. Foreign Language and ESL Education - The University of Iowa
Additional Campus Affiliations
Assistant Professor, French and Italian
Mroz, A. P. (2022). Integrating mobile-based Text-To-Speech (TTS) and Speech-To-Test (STT) to advance proficiency and intelligibility in French. In S. McCrocklin (Ed.), Technological Resources for Second Language Pronunciation Learning and Teaching.: Research-based Approaches (pp. 147-169).
Mroz, A. P., & Thrasher, T. (2022). Proficiency Development and Smartphone Usage in Study Abroad: Microgenetic Longitudinal Case Studies of French Learners. Foreign Language Annals, 55(2), 455-493. https://doi.org/10.1111/flan.12619
Mroz, A. P., & Thrasher, T. (2022). Proficiency Development and Smartphone Usage in Study Abroad: Microgenetic Longitudinal Case Studies of French Learners.. Paper presented at 2022 CALICO Conference, Seattle, WA, United States.
Mroz, A. P., & Thrasher, T. (2022). Unfolding of COVID-19 Crisis in a Study-Abroad Program: Voicers of Stakeholders Involved in the Evacuation. Frontiers: The Interdisciplinary Journal of Study Abroad, 34(2), 27-55. https://doi.org/10.36366/frontiers.v34i2.568
Mroz, A. P. (2021). Impact of Text-To-Speech and Speech-To-Text on French learners’ oral development in various integrated instructional approaches. Paper presented at 2021 American Association of Applied Linguistics Conference.