DEADLINE: April 1, 2022
Two $250 awards will be given each semester, to support two SLATE students’ travel to attend and present at a conference. Applications will be reviewed by the SLATE Executive Committee according to the established criteria and the top ranked two applications will receive Conference Travel Awards.
NOTE: This award will be given in Spring, 2022, for both virtual and face-to-face conferences. If the conference is virtual, however, documentation of the virtual registration fee must be provided, along with any other conferences costs. If the total cost of the virtual conference is less than $250, only actual cost will be awarded.
TO APPLY: Email materials listed below in ONE PDF DOCUMENT to Katie Walker at <email@example.com>. (The former online portal has been discontinued.)
Applications must include:
- Abstract (no longer than 350 words), including a description of the significance of the work (Times New Roman 12 font, 1” margins on all sides)
- Proof of acceptance, including type of presentation (paper/poster)
- 1‐page CV, including education and publications/presentations
- Conference registration fee confirmation and total estimated costs (virtual conferences, only)
- Each student may submit only one application per semester. In other words, if a student is presenting at multiple conferences, s/he may submit only one for consideration.
- A student who wins a SLATE Conference Travel Award is not eligible to apply again for one academic year.
- Preference will be given to students who are first authors.
Deadline for Spring 2022 Competition: 11:59pm on April 1, 2022